The Children is a team formed by B.A.B.E.L., it consists of three Japanese level 7 Espers that have signed a contract with the government. The group members are: Kaoru Akashi, Aoi Nogami and Shiho Sannomiya.
They work together to make the world a better place, running jobs that can vary from accident prevention to natural disaster assistance. The tasks that The Children are assigned to are those with extreme risks involved in which the normal authorities (e.g. police and fire departments) wouldn't be able to handle themselves. These assignments are usually determined using the B.A.B.E.L. Precognition system.
Original members: Edit
|Psychokinesis||The spiritual leader of The Children. She's not very responsible, and tends to act hastily without measuring the consequences of her actions. Since her power is the most physical of the three, she is typically on the front lines of any battle, but if needed she can use her powers to protect the team while her partners accomplish other tasks.|
|Aoi Nogami||Teleportation||Aoi is the most level-headed of the three as well as the most responsible. Since her ability is not particularly offensive, during missions she mainly focuses on support, and immobilizing enemies. She has a complex about the size of her chest which she is always comparing to her friends.|
|Shiho Sannomiya||Psychometry||Shiho is practical and intelligent, but has a dark, sadistic side which results in a tendency to reveal people's innermost secrets. Even though her ability is best suited for intelligence gathering, she is able to take on other roles by using her Psychometry to enhance her skill with various weaponry.|
Other members: Edit
|During a temporal disturbance, Feather absorbed his memories and personality, and assumed the child form of Kyousuke. He was taken into custody by B.A.B.E.L. and was accepted as a member of The Children under orders of Minamoto.|
|Yuuri Kumoi||Hypnosis||Yuuri was accepted as one official member of The Children since her alignment with Blue Star Organization. She was sent to Japan to collaborate with B.A.B.E.L. Besides, she has always been a friend of the former members.|
- All three original members of The Children have seen their future counterparts. Comically they never recognize themselves, and each one of them hates their future self on sight; ironically, The Children harshly criticize them using their own insecurities.
- The Children don't like to be treated like "kids" and the three wish to be adults.
- On their future essays, they put that they have no future. Later they said that they will conquer the world with Kaoru as their leader.
- Their future selves were fighting the war between normals and Espers with Kaoru as their leader.
- All three love to tease Kōichi.
- They are the only Level 7 Espers of under the control of the Japanese government.